Baby it's cold outside... So let's cozy up with a book.
I've got a lot of books. Probably too many. I've read books, sometimes two or three times and I part with books that don't do it for me anymore. But lots and lots of books are my tried & true.
So - here are a few of the best books I've ever been able to get my hands on.
The truth is - there are many, many more! I just couldn't fit them all in one picture. I wanted to pick a few that perhaps you've never heard of.
In no particular order, for no particular reason, these just grabbed me at a time when I needed them. They may not be your cup of tea, but if they are - enjoy!!
- The Icarus Deception by Seth Godin
- Visioneering by Andy Stanley
- A Woman in the Polar Night by Christine Ritter
- Awed to Heaven Rooted in Earth by Walter Brueggemann
- The Freedom of Simplicity by Richard Foster
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
- Let your Life Speak by Parker Palmer
- The Inner Voice of Love by Henri Nowen
- God Enters Stage Left by Tim Day
- Psalms of Lament by Ann Weems
- How to Be Interesting by Jessica Hagy
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
- The Spirit of the Disciplines by Dallas Willard
- An Altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor
- Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist
- Compassion by Henri Nouwen
- A Place at the Table by Chris Seay
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- ... and one that didn't make the picture because it's currently under my pillow in my bed. (yes, I read before I sleep and when my eyes are heavy, I can't be bothered putting it back on the shelf so I just tuck it under my pillow!) The Way is Made By Walking by Arthur Boers (I think I'm reading it for the 5th time!)
I clearly haven't been drawn to much fiction. It's not like I have a conscious aversion to it. Got any I should check out?